I wish you all a Happy New Year! I have a feeling that it will be the best yet. I’ve made a few New Year’s goals for myself and Shoe Smitten:
- Blog more. I don’t think I will ever blog “enough”, but my goal is to blog twice a day – once in the morning and once at night.
- Conduct more interviews with fashion bloggers and designers. Want to be interviewed on Shoe Smitten? Email me and we’ll set it up!
- Go to at least one fashion show. Yours truly has never been to a fashion show, and I know I’m missing out. It’s hard to find fashion shows here in Kansas. But I want, no I need to see those fabulous shoes up close and in person! And when I do, I’m going to blog about it so that you all can see, too.
- Buy more flats and wedges. Most of the shoes I own are stilettos and peep toes. It’s high time that I give my feet a bit of a break with some more comfortable (and still stylish) shoes.
If you’re interested in my other personal New Year’s goals, visit my other blog AnnaLog. So there are my 2009 shoe and blog resolutions…here are a few things that I suggest you do this New Shoe Year:
- Stop saving that one pair of shoes for a special occasion. Wear them, with anything and everything you can! Those stunning stilettos or funky flats aren’t being adored like they should be sitting in your closet.
- Reassess your shoe wardrobe. If you have pairs you never wear, either sell them on ebay so you can afford that new pair you’re dying to wear, or donate them to a good cause.
- Be adventurous. 2009 is the year for positive change; show your confidence by adding what I call an “attitude shoe” to your collection. The attitude shoe is a shoe that screams, “I’m loud, I’m proud, so deal with it.” And don’t just stop at one – I own many attitude shoes, including my L.A.M.B. Yoyo sandals and my Naughty Monkey Colorful Talk pumps. Here’s the attitude shoe I bought myself to kick off the new year: Naughty Monkey Naughty Nookie wedge, $99 at JBAndMe.com. Not only is this an attitude shoe – it’s a wedge, so I’m working on #4 of my resolutions, too!
- Take better care of your shoes. Store them in a safe place, clean them regularly, and if you scratch them, try to fix them. Well-cared-for shoes will last you many years.
- Please leave your constructive criticism about this blog here in a comment. Want more posts about celeb shoes? Want a video every once in a while? Have a suggestion for reformatting the blog? Give it to me!
Thank you all for your support. I am excited to share many gorgeous shoes and fun fashion experiences with you in 2009!
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)