For April Fool’s Day, I’d like to take some time to pay tribute to the top five gawd-awful shoes that should have been created as April Fool’s Day jokes. These shoes are awkward-looking, completely illogical and/or just downright ugly. Which do you agree/disagree belong on this list? Did I miss anything?
5. Heel-less Platform Sandals, originally designed by Antonio Berardi. The first shoe was a £1,800 sandal bought by Mrs. Beckham, Uma Thurman and Gwyneth Paltrow. You might recall that Victoria Beckham also liked heel-less platform boots. I think these are actually pretty cool…but they made my list because they look so bizarre, and I find myself wondering how hard it is to walk around in them.
4. Crocs have been popular for some time, but to me they scream, ‘I give up! I’m not going to even try!’ There are many other comfortable and stylish shoes out there. Why wear shoes that have holes in them and resemble a cheap childrens toy?
3. UGGs are another popular choice of people in search of a comfort and effortless style. FAIL! They might be comfortable…but they are DEFINITELY not fashionable. These belong only in the house as loungewear, if you ask me. UGGs are (most of the time) ‘ugh’.
2. The fugly furry boots seen on the Givenchy runway during Paris Fashion Week ’09 make the wearer appear to be half-beast. ‘Nuff said.
1. Speaking of hooves…Sarah Jessica Parker’s cloven-toed shoes downright make me gag, earning them a spot at the top of this list. All I have to say is…um…camel toe…yuck!