When it comes to buying designer shoes, I absolutely refuse to pay full-price. Part of it is the principle of the thing, and the other is that I simply cannot afford the price tags. I don’t see any justification for buying anything full-price when fashions are changing so fast. Why buy those new Manolo Blahnik shoes hot off the shelf when you know that in a few months the price will be cut in half? Does anyone really care if you’re wearing shoes from last summer? If they still look amazing and you know how to work them, I think not. Of course we all like to be on top of the latest trends, and this is when shopping designer deals really gets fun…retailers are now so ahead of the current season that things we need now or in the next month are already going on sale. More and more fashionistas are realizing this, and jumping at the chance to snag those summer sandals at the beginning of July, or finding deals on their favorite brand-name boots for fall in September. In light of this, I’d like to share with you my favorite websites to find authentic designer shoes for less. In addition to these, I would like to remind you to keep an eye on/signup for the e-newsletters at department store websites such as Saks.com, Net-a-porter.com and NeimanMarcus.com, as they have seasonal sales that you won’t want to miss.
- 6pm.com – My favorite. Not only does the site have the same intuitive navigation of Zappos, but the deals are simply unbeatable! I snagged these of Giuseppe Zanotti platform heels for only $185 (originally $995)
- Gilt.com – This and the next link (#3) are both invitation-only sale sites, but you can get in now by clicking thru my links! Gilt Groupe provides access to Men’s and Women’s coveted fashion and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off retail. Each sale lasts 36 hours and features hand-selected styles from a single designer.
- Ideeli.com – Another invite-only sale site with well-known brands at prices up to 80% off! Each day sales begin at 12PM EST and last for 40 hours, or until items are sold out. I scored this pair of Melissa shoes for just $3 (I had a $75 credit from inviting friends, so I only had to pay shipping)!
- Yoox.com – You can find tons of rare, last-season and current pieces at rock-bottom prices here. For example, get these Giuseppe Zanotti open toe pumps for just $195 if you wear a size 9.5:
- ShoeHunting.com – Of course I have to mention ShoeHunting! It’s a fun community of shoe lovers where you can find the best prices on hard-to-find shoes, and discuss your most recent purchases and shoe lusts. See my ShoeHunting profile here.
Do you have any suggestions to add? Do so in the comments below!
(Visited 505 times, 4 visits today)