(Kissing a Ballin boot at WSA last February)
Despite loving and obsessing over shoes, I’ve never been crazy about boots…that is until recently. Boots always seemed like a necessary, utilitarian type of footwear. Boots got me from point A to point B without getting my feet muddy or wet, all the while keeping my toes warm. But times have changed, and now boots seem to be sexier and far more beautiful than ever. Maybe the fashion industry is using these sensational boots to give the economy a boost. Or maybe it’s just me. Regardless, here are the top five boot styles that have me smitten:
- OTK Boots: Besides the fact that this is the footwear trend to try this fall/winter, I just love how they look on me! I own a pair of Nine West stretch over-the-knee boots that look fantastic with tights and a short dress, and soon I’ll have the Via Spiga ‘Leona’ OTK boot pictured below, which will look great with bare legs, or over tights or skinny jeans:
- Cut-Out Boots: This trend will last well into Fall-Winter of 2010, and this fall I plan on letting a little skin peek out, until temperatures dip too low.BCBGMAXAZRIA Women’s Ebbe Peep Toe Bootie
- Slouchy Boots: I just love the way these boots look over skinny jeans! So casual and carefree-looking, yet so chic.MICHAEL Michael Kors – Kincade Slouch Boot (Grey Suede) – Footwear
- Knee High Boots: This style of boot has always been a favorite, and it will never go out of style. My favorite pair is made by Frye:Frye – Angela Side Zip (Tan)
- Booties: Half shoe, half boot, booties are fashion-forward and versatile. I prefer high-heeled versions in either suede or smooth leather.Ash Women’s Absolut Platform Bootie
What boots have you smitten this season? Have you also experienced this new-found love of boots?