There comes a time every few months when a girl needs to revamp her shoe wardrobe, and my favorite season for this is spring. As the days get longer and the temperatures climb, it’s time to bring out those sun-loving wedges, strappy heels and flat sandals. I have a few go-to warm weather shoes, notably my piping-hot pink Fendi strappy heels and my Michael Kors platform wedges. And while I have countless peep toe pumps and high heels that are great for work and nights out, I’m currently searching to add a few good pairs of everyday comfy shoes to my collection.
And when I say comfy, I’m not talking granny shoes. I need these shoes to look hot and feel amazing, whether I’m at the office, out on the town or walking the dog. I’m always on the lookout for shoes that are kind to my feet, especially in the warmer months when I’m more active and need my cute shoes to keep up with me. There are a few brands I know I can trust for comfort and style, including Naturalizer, Clarks (they have some great wedges), and of course comfortable born shoes. These Born wedges are really starting to call my name…you can’t beat the combination of natural cork and metallic leather!
In the next few weeks I’ll be highlighting some top shoe picks for the warmer months. But now I want to hear from you – what are your go-to comfy spring shoes? Which brands do you trust, and which do you steer clear of?
Monticello Shoes sent me these lovely ‘Anna‘ sandals (great name, right?!), and I was smitten from the moment I felt the smooth, sumptuous leather and observed the high quality and attention to detail that went into these shoes, handmade in Brazil. They are flawless! The embedded flowers on the t-strap are a nice feminine touch, and the MS Signature is carved beautifully into the sole. If you shy away from heels because they hurt, take comfort in the fact that all Monticello heels feature MS Signature comfort padding, so you can wear these 4-inch heels all night long. Shoenistas, I know you’ll love the fact that these sandals cost $165.95 – a lower cost than mainstream designer shoes.
I have worn the Anna sandals for a night out and not only did they receive compliments left and right, they were pretty comfortable. Plus, lavender is one of the prettiest hues to wear in the spring! All Monticello shoes are handmade in Brazil from the finest materials in the world. Get your own pair of Monticello Shoes today!
Monticello Anna High Heel Sandals, $165.95 at Monticello Shoes
Spring Escape – by ShoeSmitten on Polyvore.com
What better way to kick off the beginning of April than with a fun contest?! Show me what you’ve got and you could be the proud winner of a pair of spring shoes of your choice from www.BarefootTess.com! Ladies with larger feet, rejoice! Barefoot Tess is an online store that specializes in larger sizes, 10-15. Most of the new spring styles only come in sizes 10 and up, so this contest is geared toward my “sole-full” sisters!
This weekend there are plenty of online shoe sales going on. So even if it’s cold and wintery in your neighborhood, you can stay inside, shop for some new spring sandals and dream of sunbathing on your favorite beach or in your backyard. Make sure you pick up a pair of nude pumps, a cute gladiator sandal and woven heeled sandals to step up your style!
This Weekend! Nine West! Special Group only $19.95!
$10 off all Clearance Items of $40 or More plus Free Shipping at Shoebuy.com!
Today only! Get an exclusive eco-friendly Piperlime tote bag when you make a purchase of $100 or more. Enter code EXCLUSIVE at checkout. Ends March 20th at 11:59 ET.
Save $25 on $125 orders of select styles, plus enjoy the One-Day-Only Offer for Friday (nine new styles from Nine West on sale today)!
Let’s start looking forward to warm weather and pretty sandals and pumps! To start, I’ve created a list of the Top Ten Must-Have Sandals < $100 For Spring. From simplistic flats to embellished platform heels and wedges, these sandals will update your Spring/Summer wardrobe without breaking the bank.
- Steve Madden Women’s Seeri Slingback Thong Sandal, $49.95 – Feel the freedom of a minimalist sandal that adds a subtle touch of color and chic style, and will show off your pedicure. These are available in many different colors, so it could be fun to get a few for different outfits.
- MIA Women’s Hydra Gladiator Thong Sandal, $59.95 -A shimmery metallic gladiator sandal such as this is a must-have this Spring.
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Women’s Champion Chip Peep Toe Platform Pump, $78.95 – These platforms have a unique blue heel and insole that adds some POP to the neutral shoe. This is a huge trend come late summer/fall, but it’s perfect for Spring, too!
- BCBGirls – Slim (Ameretto/Multi Ameretto Raw Leather), $98.96 – HOT! These will add some flair to your Spring/Summer outfits for under $100!
- Nine West Myth – Watermelon, $69.00 – Pretty in pink and beige. The wedge is on-trend for spring, and the interesting color combination will go with many spring dresses and skirts.
- Mia Yasmin – Dark brown, $90.00 – This fringed wedge is another must-have, for its versatility and western -chic flair.
- Calvin Klein – Yarah (Black Patent), $84.95 – This sleek metallic slide will complement many casual spring/summer outfits. The cutout wedge heel provides both comfort and a unique look.
- Restricted Khiara – Fuchsia, $88.95 – With the cork heel and platform and fuschia color, this strappy sandal is one of the hottest and most affordable sandals this season.
- Chinese Laundry – Belgium, $88.95 – Tribal influences are in, as are cork platforms and heels. This sandal has thick straps and a buckle detail for added interest.
- Jessica Simpson – Delanco (Black Native Soft Top), $88.95 – Woven sandals are one of the hotter trends this season, and this shoe looks just as interesting and high-quality as some of the more expensive ones on the market.
Feel free to check out the collection “Must-Have Sandals < $100” on ShoeHunting, rate my picks and leave your comments!
This delightful Lilly Pulitzer Flower thong sandal comes in a variety of options: you pick white, pink, or green leather straps with a cute and amazingly detailed contrast flower and rhinestone detail. The heel is 1/2″ tall with gold etched plating. $228
Alternative: Navid Nadia Thong Sandal – $29.99
This shoe has the same look as Lilly’s flat except that it has less sparkle and more natural color. I actually prefer this sandal. It has such a unique look and I just love the leather flowers. Beautiful craftsmanship!